Sunday 21 February 2016

Tamiya's 1/35 Jagdpanther (part 4)

The base coat is finally applied to my late-war Jagdpanther and as you can see my black & white shading has been partially lost due to not thinning the paint sufficiently - it's there, just not visible unless the model is sitting right in front of you.  Not to worry though, I'm still very happy with the way she looks thus far.  After a coat of satin varnish I gave her a pin-wash using oil paints, sealed and then couldn't resist some light chipping in applicable areas.



To create the graduated paintwork on the hull I utilized two shades of 'AMMO's late-war Dunkelgelb and also an attractive shade of green (RAL 6011). The red oxide is represented by using Vallejo Model Color Cavalry Brown; I didn't want to over-do this colour so chose only small areas to add a 'warmer' area of interest to the model's otherwise minimalist hull.


I am currently figuring out where I want to go with her next as there are several ideas floating around in my mind.  Throughout the build I've resisted the temptation to add any tools or accessories, so therefore stuck to my own brief of a partially-completed (just running and armed) machine taken directly from the production line. 


Anyway, there will be more soon, comrades!

See Part 3 HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment