Tuesday 16 June 2015

1/48 Tamiya Heinkel He 162 (Part 1)

It's been a while since I've built an aircraft, so I decided to start a Luftwaffe Group Build on my YouTube channel;  this enabled me to get back into aviation kits while also being sociable.  If you're reading this blog entry and want to join in, the group build runs from now until Sept 30th, 2015. It's a 'just-for-fun' build but should prove to be interesting as group builds are an excellent way of socializing with other modellers while sharing and learning new techniques, and most importantly, having fun!  Click here for details.

Here is the kit I have chosen for my entry into the Luftwaffe group build.  The box-art was so enticing I've already started my entry. 



Above: a strange looking bird, but very appealing none-the-less!


Above: not too many parts so shouldn't take long to assemble.


Above: undercarriage components.


Above: tail section and engine ready for wiring up; I'll admit, I'm not looking forward to that part!


Above: well, I guess Tamiya has to keep the modeller on their feet with at least a few challenges!

See part 2 HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment